Heartworms and fleas are parasites that can result in critical problems in pets. The good news is that it is now possible to prevent these parasites by utilizing safe, effective and easy-to-administer treatments. It is a well-known fact that heartworm disease can damage the lungs, heart, and other related blood vessels. This disease is spread through an infected mosquito bite. In dogs, heartworm disease is treatable, but it is very painful and expensive. While there are no authorized products for heartworm treatments in cats. Fleas are bloodsucking parasites that transmit tapeworms can result in flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Hence, it is advised to prevent heartworms and fleas in pets.
Some facts about Heartworms
- Heartworm disease affects dogs, cats and a maximum of thirty other mammal species.
- This disease spreads through parasitic worms residing in the major lung vessels and at times in the hearts.
- This disease can cause wide array of problems affecting the heart, liver, lungs and kidneys of the pets. In some extreme cases, it can even lead to death.
- In cats, heartworms can result in respiratory disorder that imitates feline asthma. But there is no approved treatment of heartworms in cats.
- Heartworm disease is 100% preventable but still there are many pets who are diagnosed with this disease every year.
- There are more than 25% heartworm infected cats that live indoors.
Prevention of Heartworm disease
It is recommended to give Sentinel Spectrum as a heartworm preventive treatment for dogs. It is one of the best treatments available for dogs that provides 100% heartworm prevention guarantee, along with prevention of four other intestinal parasites including: hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms and whipworms. It even aids in preventing fleas from laying eggs, thus controlling flea infestations.
Fleas can lead to critical problems in dogs and cats. Some of the adverse reactions of fleas on pets include: continuous itching and scratching, hair loss, scabs, skin damage and skin infection. It is also known as Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
Some facts about fleas
- Fleas can not only affect pets, but also human beings.
- Fleas can transmit tapeworms to pets and people.
- They play a significant role in spreading cat-scratch fever disease between cats and humans.
- Fleas can suck lots of blood from the pets that it can result in weakening and even life-grievous anemia.
- Fleas can be seen nearly anywhere in the year. But they are less prevalent in colder months.
Prevention of fleas
Advantage is one of the best flea preventive treatment available in the market. It is completely waterproof monthly treatment which enables dogs from going into the water without the effect of the treatment to wear out. It aids in preventing flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Flea bites are prevented within 5 minutes of administration of the treatment. It also kills 100% chewing lice within a week of administration and is effective for a full month. It kills adult fleas within half a day of administration and 99% flea larvae within 20 minutes of administration.